Saturday, June 23, 2007

i'm committed damn it!

so the last 2 days have been really trying on me, and tomorrow will be too (but i'm committed)yesterday we went to a friend's (me with my buffalo chicken and diet soda) while everyone there had ordered in pizza.
and today wife made dinner plans to go out with some friendswe went to Red Robin'si looked through the menu, they were very accomidating
i ordered the burger salad, it came with lettuce, tomato, red pepper, sauteed onions and mushrooms, and melted swiss cheese and choice of dressing
i substituted the burger for a plain grilled chicken breast (6oz)
ordered the onions and mushrooms uncooked
substituted the swiss cheese for shredded cheddar.
and ordered the chicken, onions, mushrooms, cheese and dressing on the side
unfortunatly when i got the salad it had shredded carrots
i took about 1/4 of the salad (about 1 1/2 cups of lettuce, with a few tomatoes, a bit of carrot, tomatoe and pepper)
cut up my chicken and put it on the top
added a bit of onion and 3 slices mushrooms
and a sprinkle of cheese
i used my fork to dip into my dressing, however i ate 90% of the salad without any dressing, and it was still an explosion of taste in my mouth after a 5 days of only meat.
i must admit my friends are very supportive of me and this lifestyle change, i am also very excited that a resturaunt can be so accomodating, or i would have had to just sit there with my diet pop and water (how not fun)
tomorrow is breakfast with the mother-in-law, something i have not done in the last few months and was told i'm not allowed to avoid this one, even though i try lol, but i have it all planned out and am sticking to my guns, gonna keep it low fat, low car, and low cal
i am very proud of myself for not cheating
i hope today doesn't count as a cheat, although it did contain some shredded carrots, but i did my best to pick them out
tomorrow is another K/E day, and then i start Bootcamp on Monday.
tomorrow i am even going to try eggs, i have a sensetivity to them, but maybe with the absence of my other sensetivites (dairy, wheat, whey) maybe i will be able to hadle them, i will start off with just one, and go from there.
yay me
yay KK/KE/Bootcamp!
jen

1 comment:

WildAngel6 said...

For more information on the Kimkins Diet Scam:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/b/2008/03/15/march-2008-update-on-kimkins-diet-scam.htm

http://www.insiderexclusive.com/firm_cohen2.htm

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/02/kimkins.html


Please also note that Woman's World Magazine has issued an apology for their part in promoting the Kimkins Diet Scam:

http://www.womansworldmag.com/

Say NO to Kimkins!